Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Section 357 or 358 Application - Tax Adjustment

Filing for a Property Tax Adjustment 

In some circumstances, you may be eligible to apply for a property tax refund, cancellation or reduction with your municipality.

Applications can be made for the current taxation year, and up to two years prior. Applications made for years past the previous two will not be considered. 

Some examples of eligible scenarios include the following:

  • Your property has become unusable or unliveable due to damage or natural disaster (or fire).
  • Your property has changed its primary use (for example, from a residential property to a place of worship).
  • There was an error in the property assessment, resulting in incorrect tax rate being applied.
  • There was an error in your property’s classification, resulting in incorrect tax rate being applied.

In order to file an application for a property tax adjustment, you must be one of the following:

  • the property owner
  • the spouse of the owner
  • the tenant, occupant or their spouse
  • a person in possession of the land

If you would like to print a copy of this form, right click and press print. You can submit paper copies in person or by mail at 4432 George St., PO Box 100, Sydenham, ON, K0H 2T0.

Should you have any questions about this form or process, please contact the Treasury Department at 613-376-3027 ext 2200, or via email at If you are within a 613 area code, you can also call 1-800-559-5862 ext. 2200. 

Mailing Address:

Reason for Application:

Reason for application:
Will you be attaching additional documents that further explain and support your application?



Personal information contained on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, c.25, as amended and will be used, maintained and disclosed in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act c. M56 s.29(2). Contact the Municipal Clerk, 4432 George St., Sydenham, ON K0H 2T0, at 613-376-3027 ext. 2222 or via email at for information regarding the collection and disclosure of information.


phone icon Contact Us